Wednesday 6 February, 2008

MY FIRST LAPROTOMY........

A young male,26 years,fainted,with a history of abdominal pain since 3 days...
The diagnosis,most probably peptic perforation(in laymen terms..stomach's losened up itself)..
An intern more than excited to get scrubbed...That's me...So thankful that i stayed thru the noon for the emergency duty..The whole one and half hour that i and my two seniors performed the surgery,actually i just assisted,it was a wonderful experience...My senior performed the surgery with such great precision and nevertheless i was elated to see something i had just visualised in my surgical text books...
Wishing i get more such chances to get scrubbed...And next time i do take a stitch or two...

2 comments:

  1. sahi!!! Congrats... Great to hear... Wish you all success. We are all proud of u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand how it feels ... I assisted once on a fracture neck femur in my ortho rotation.... saw things.. took stitches.. It felt great!:)
    best luck for your future experiences!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.