Saturday 15 March, 2008

MY WEEKEND "JAMMIN.."

No i am not taking my guitar lessons...Just a trip to JAMNAGAR...a city in saurashtra part of GUJARAT..
My friend invited me over for the weekend..its not a very big city..actually just a transition from rural to urbanhood... but then being "natural" has its own advantages..waking upto the sweet sound of birds felt more like heaven..The whole serenity of the place in the evening made me yearning for some more days;so that i could stay back..But as they say excess of everything is too bad..I started missing the hustle buslte of ahmedabad in just 2 days..!!!
Coming to think of it,one person just calms all the commotion churning inside me..EINSTEIN..and his theory of relativity..and how??Actually..When my cousins came to my place from MUMBAI they had the same feeling that i experienced;trying to figure out how things work in a smaller city than urs..Back then i kept moaning about the city i live in..
Today after my childhood and teen,i'm quite happy and proud that i'm destined to be here in Ahmedabad(touchwood)..its not as big as the metros but it isnt anymore the "kheda gaon" my cousins teased me with..(whatever that means)..All above the rest its where i've learnt to live life...They are right"size does matter"..metros teach you how to earn money and cities like mine,let u spend and enjoy it to your heart's content..
Although i do plan to spend some professional years in mumbai,when it comes to "spend" the rest of my life..there's no place on earth like "maru amdavad"..
Not sure when i shall seriously take up guitar lessons(which i intend to after my post graduation),but this weekend stroke the right chord...
AMDAVAD MA TO BAPU,24 KALAK LEHER CHHE
NARMADA NAHI TO(SHU THAYU)SABARMATI NI MEHER CHHE...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, has it graduated from the khede-gaon status? :)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. well woh to yahan ane pe pata lage ga...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.