Monday 25 June, 2007

MIXED BAG



The whole day could be summarized by this picture...SUNSET...(ha dont mistake me for a pessimist!!!) darkening yet beautiful and colourful...it was a day when u feel like life is really a rainbow..all moments with a different shade...

The morning began with me and my 2 colleagues cursing ourselves all the way throught the 12 km ride to the referral hospital;but we were so rejoiced to see that the medical officer was not one of those sadist kinds who believe that their very own existence is to trouble students...He laughed and joked with us all through the time making remarks about the indian system of education(to be specific MED SCHOOL LIFE)..what he said was difficult to digest but nevertheless the truth..which of course is a never ending list to mention....

Then came the darker shade..My never ending queue at the REGIONAL TRANSPORT OFFICE..for my 4 wheeler liscence..As an audit officer's daughter i have never had to wait in queues..i always have ha dthe privelege to dodge hundreds and stand among the first few..but today i was there standing..even with the "sifarish" i spent whole 2 and half hours which ended up in a frustrated and famished looking face on my "smart card"(that's referring to the lisensce)..and to top it poured so heavily that i was drenched inspite of my raincoat..

After hurdling past the strong winds when i finally reached home i chose to sleep it off..Just when i thought the day was cruel to me.,something happened to make me smile..I met my old bio tution teacher..DR. DJ MOHAN..a very sensitive and brilliant man..dedicated scientist..he was so happy to see me and the honour that he gave me before his new students was so flattering.. even the institute head gave me a warm welcome..I felt on cloud nine and no wonder i was brimming from ear to ear the whole way back..Atleast i was proud about something..an image which made me among the few in people's good books...

You guys must be wondering what was so different that happened today??i have an answer..today was no new a day from the usual "mixed bag" day where something good and something bad happens to you..but its upto you whether you choose to stamp the day as good or bad trying to balance amongst the happenings of the day..!!!then its easy for you to frown or smile...

As for me i chose a diplomatic way out!!! giving equal stress to both my frowning and smiling muscles..:))))

2 comments:

  1. Nice way to see Life in an optimistic way...
    Its also Great that u let ur Smiling muscles work more most of the times...Very rare to see u Frown!!!
    1 more thing is u handle situaion like "feeling on top of the world" very well...Never become "Proudy"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe..thanks buddy..
    sure will keep that in mind

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.